Special Assistant to the CEO
Spirit of America seeks an exceptional, mission-driven individual to serve as Special Assistant to the CEO based in Arlington, VA. The Special Assistant’s mission is to maximize the Chief Executive Officer’s effectiveness, impact and results. He/she will be an essential part of a high-performing team that is making groundbreaking contributions to freedom, democracy, and America’s security.
- Understand Spirit of America’s strategy, goals, and priorities, and manage the CEO’s time and attention to achieve the greatest impact and results.
- Manage CEO’s communications and calendar. Schedule meetings and calls. Write emails and letters. Draft proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Provide research and planning support to special projects and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the CEO is prepared for all engagements; manage information and follow up.
- Be a strategic partner to the CEO, exercise good discernment; share non-confidential information which can aid team member performance while simultaneously maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Identify new opportunities to achieve the CEO’s and Spirit of America’s objectives.
- Other things as required to serve Spirit of America’s mission
Qualities and qualifications
You have a deep desire to serve and be part of something much bigger than yourself. You want to be part of a high-performing, mission-first team. You are on a trajectory and are looking for an opportunity that will lead to even greater contributions in your career.
You build relationships and trust easily. With many demands that exceed your ability to do it all, you maintain the ability to prioritize and act. You have the mental agility to navigate easily across multiple active projects. You learn quickly and find ways to get things done. You are confident, resilient, and organized. You are a gifted communicator and listener. You thrive in a culture that prizes teamwork, open communication and results. Even with your many skills and qualities, you are humble. You treat people equally well no matter who they are.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional writing skills.
- The energy and brainpower to keep up with a dynamic entrepreneur and leader.
- Minimum of three-years work experience, ideally in an executive environment.
Experience in a national security-related field and experience with Salesforce are highly desirable. Work outside normal business hours is required. Occasional domestic travel may be necessary.
Salary range $65,000 to $95,000 based on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, and 403b contribution match to 4%.
Please visit https://spiritofamerica.applytojob.com/apply to submit your resume and a cover letter indicating in compelling detail why you are interested in this position and why you would succeed.
Spirit of America
Spirit of America is a 501c3 nonprofit citizen service organization. We are citizens serving the nation, doing our part to preserve America’s freedoms and support those who serve America abroad. Our purpose is to ensure the ideals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness prevail, and all who seek a free and better life are able to achieve it. This is patriotism without politics.
Spirit of America was founded in response to the attacks of 9/11. Our mission is to support the safety and success of Americans serving abroad and the local people and partners they seek to help. We are officially approved by Congress and the Department of Defense to work alongside deployed US troops and provide private assistance in support of their missions.
Spirit of America helps those who serve our nation abroad return home safely and proud of their success. We help our troops and diplomats build trust and goodwill, prevent conflict, and strengthen America’s security. Our work saves lives and limbs. In the world’s toughest places, people experience the best of who Americans are and what we stand for.
Spirit of America is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics) or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. Our commitment to equal opportunity employment applies to all persons involved in our operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including supervisors and co-workers.