Fundraising Research and Database Assistant
Spirit of America seeks a Fundraising Research and Database Assistant to support a dynamic and growing development program. This operations role ensures accurate and timely information about donors and prospects and coordinates and maintains the systems used to support a successful fundraising program. The position requires great attention to detail, an understanding of the need for quality data, and a high degree of curiosity. The Fundraising Research and Database Assistant will report to Spirit of America's Chief Development Officer.
Spirit of America’s fundraising has increased significantly in each of the last five years. A new Chief Development Officer is committed to creating a program that is innovative, collaborative, and driven to meet the expanding needs of the organization in meeting its mission. This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate information of all constituent records in Salesforce including contact updates and suppressions.
- Make suggestions for system enhancements and assist with system upgrades.
- Accurately process gifts and ensure that all relevant information is added to constituent records in the database.
- Assist with the creation of capacity ratings and subsequent frontline portfolios.
- Produce segmented and targeted lists for development communications, event invitations, and stewardship.
- Follow standard procedures to save backup documentation for all gifts.
- Generate weekly giving report, and others identified for the development team.
- Assist with the generation of acknowledgment letters, tribute notices and pledge letters.
- Manage returned and do-not-mail process and suppression spreadsheet for mailings.
- Conduct research on constituents to help identify capacity and inclination of donors.
- Conduct foundation and corporate research to help identify prospects.
- Provide research for leadership and frontline officers in preparation for all donor meetings.
- Produce reports of gifts processed and help identify trends using data analytics.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required and 2-3 years of research or database management experience with a fundraising or non profit organization.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, practices, and daily operations within a development office.
- Ability to problem solve with a positive, organized, team-oriented approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to articulate and present clear, persuasive written and verbal communications.
- A passion for advancing Spirit of America’s mission and sharing the organization’s unique model of private support to US missions abroad.
Salary and Benefits
Spirit of America offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Spirit of America
Spirit of America is a nonprofit citizen service organization founded in response to the attacks of 9/11. Our mission is to engage citizens in preserving the promise of a free and better life. We do this by working alongside troops and diplomats to save and improve lives, promote values shared by Americans and our allies, strengthen relationships with allies, friends, and partners, and demonstrate that the United States is a friend of those who seek a better life. We are officially approved by Congress and the Department of Defense to work alongside deployed US troops and provide private assistance in support of their missions.
Spirit of America helps our troops and diplomats build trust and goodwill, prevent conflict, and strengthen America’s security. Our work saves and improves lives. In the world’s toughest places, people experience the best of who Americans are and what we stand for.
To work at Spirit of America, you must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
This position is located in Arlington, Virginia.